Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Don't fence me in!

It's been ages since anything exciting has happened to my little house. Now the rush is on to get it to a rentable state by August as I am going to work in Antarctica for 6 months. No pressure - just have to get the house fully painted, floors sanded, a bit of electrical work and what to do with the back undercover disaster area!

Newly mulched garden bed down the side of the house

However progress on been made in the front yard - as of today I have a new front picket fence. I also have new exposed aggregate concrete paths. I am going to talk to my gardening about turning the dirt area into a mulched garden bed. It should look so much neater and give my house much better street appeal. New front stairs have also been made up and I am getting horizontal timber slats under the house between the concrete stumps so block the sight of more dirt. The plumber also came today so now my down pipes all drain properly into a new PVC pipe running to the street drain. No more open concrete drain down the side of my house - check of the photo of how rusted my drain pipe was!




The old stairs and concrete slab

No comments: