Saturday, January 12, 2008

Rotting corner of house

I spoke to my neighbours on the shared boundary side regarding getting the okay to have scaffolding in their yard. While I was there I had a good look at my broken window which I plan to have weatherboarded in.... Worse than I though - looks like there is a stack of rotting timber - a bit scary when you can break a corner of window sill off the house!!!!

So I am going to try to get hold of some secondhand weatherboards and a piece of timber to replace the corner of the house and the window..... Maybe easier said than done!!! I could possibly steal weatherboards from the front of the house (ek!!) and cut them up. Then I could install a handrail for the front veranda.

I must also decide quickly my colour scheme for my roof and external paint. I think I might survey my work collegues about this one.....

No comments: